Board Members (Updated February 2014)
RQIA's Board currently comprises a Chairman and twelve members appointed by the Minister for a period of four years. Its responsibilities include:
- promoting public confidence in RQIA as an organisation committed to high quality service provision focused on user needs;
- overseeing the achievement of strategic and operational aims and objectives;
- ensuring the organisation operates with integrity;
- demonstrating commitment to quality improvement, robust performance assessment and value for money.
Our Board members are:
- Dr Ian Carson (Chairman)
- Mrs Sarah Havlin
- Dr John Jenkins CBE**
- Professor Mary McColgan OBE*
- Mr Daniel McLarnon*
- Miss Patricia O'Callaghan*
- Mr Denis Power
- Ms Lindsey Smith
* Board members appointed for a four-year term from 22 April 2013. ** Board member appointed for a four-year term from 6 May 2013.
To view profiles for RQIA Board members click here.
to find Inspection reports. Enforcement Activity
to access details of enforcement. Register of services
to view our register. Feedback and complaints
for guidance. Whistleblowing
for guidance on whistleblowing. Freedom of Information (FOI)
for information on FOI.